Speaking Engagements/Events 2018 for Jean Trounstine
- January 22, 6:30-8:30, North Andover Writer’s Group, Stevens Memorial Library. Directions Here.
- February 28, 2-3:20, Brandeis University, Brown Social Science Bldg. Class on Adolescence. Directions Here
- March 7, 9:45-10:45am, North Academic 103, Middlesex Community College, Presentation Boy With a Knife
- March 20, 10-11am, National Council on Juvenile Justice, San Diego CA, Loews Coronado Bay Resort,Presentation on “What’s Age Got to Do With It: The Implications of Sentencing Juveniles as Adults” with Judge Jay Blitzman and Dr. Robert Kinscherff. For more info, here.
Speaking Engagements/Events 2017
- February , 2017, 10-11am, National Council on Juvenile Justice, NYC, Marriot Marquis, Times Square, Presentation on “What’s Age Got to Do With It: The Implications of Sentencing Juveniles as Adults” with Judge Jay Blitzman and Dr. Robert Kinscherff. For more info, see here.
- March 4, Pulp and Press, Readings on the Hi Hat Stage, whole day of wonderful authors 1-5pm, I read 2:20 from Boy With A Knife, RT. Mill#5, 250 Jackson St., Lowell, MA, see here
- April 4-7, Missouri State University Conference on Life, Liberty & the Pursuit of Happiness: Perspectives on Self-Government, Springfield, MO. For more info, see here.
- May 24, “Immigration in the Age of Trump:” Expert Panel, Short Documentary. Tewksbury Public Library, 300 Chandler St, Tewksbury, MA 01876-9, 7-9pm. See more here where you can register.
- May 27-8, Alternatives to Violence Conference, Boston, MA. Karter Reed and I talk at 9am, Sunday. More info forthcoming.
- June 9-10, Maplewood South-Orange Book Festival, Malewood-South Orange New Jersey.
- October 19, 5:30-7pm, Bench-Bar Discussion, Boston, MA. With Judge Jay Blitzman. John Joseph Moakley United States Courthouse, 1 Courthouse Way. Details here.
- November 4, 2017, 2:30-4pm, Alliance for Higher Education in Prison, Dallas Texas, Panel: Working with those who have Harmed Others: Part II, details here.
- November 11, 2017, 4:00-5:15pm, Midwest Modern Language Association, Cincinnati, Ohio, Panel: Boy with a Knife: Literature and Activism, details here.
Speaking Engagements/Events 2016
- April 15, 2016, 6:30pm, Andover Book Store, Andover, MA: 89R Main Street, (978)-475-0143. Reading, In Conversation with Brittinie Aiello, and Signing BWAK, See here.
- April 19, 2016, 7:00pm, Porter Square Books, Cambridge, MA: 25 White St. 02140, Reading BWAK and Signing. See here.
- April 25, 2016, 12:30-1:45pm, Middlesex Community College, Lowell, MA: Assembly Room, Federal Building,50 Kearney Square, MA, 01852. See here for directions. “A Juvenile Justice Forum,” Boy With A Knife reading , and discussion with Karter Reed and Professor Michelle Bloomer. Open to the Public.
- April 28, 2016, 7:00pm Books on the Square, Providence RI: 471 Angell Street, 02906, 401–331–9097, Reading, Signing, and Conversation with Professor Robert Waxler, See here
- May 2, 2016, 6:30pm, River Run Bookstore, Portsmouth, NH: 142 Fleet Street, 03801, Reading and Book Signing, Boy With A Knife, with Professor Ellen Cohn, of University of New Hampshire Justice Studies Program, (603) 431-210, See here.
- May 10, 2016, 6-8pm, Harvard University Law School, Cambridge, MA “Should We Ever Sentence Juveniles To Adult Prisons? A Look at Juvenile Justice,” sponsored by the Charles Hamilton Institute of Race and Justice, Cambridge, MA, room TBA, with Karter Kane Reed, Teens Leading the Way, Naoka Carey of Citizens for Juvenile Justice and a Ret. Juvenile Judge Leslie Harris. Books (BWAK) will be available. For directions, see here.
- May 12, 2016, 7pm, Tewksbury Library, 300 Chandler St, Tewksbury, MA 01876, Reading BWAK and Book Talk. For more info, see here.
- May 18, 2016, 7pm, Odyssey Bookstore, South Hadley, MA: 9 College Street, 01075, Reading, Signing and Conversation with Donald Perry. For more information on directions, see here.
- May 25, 2016, 7-9pm, Bluestockings, NYC, NY: 172 Allen Street, 10002, Reading, Signing and In Conversation with Mujahid Farid. For more information and directions, see here.
- May 31, 2016, 6:30pm, Politics & Prose at Busboys and Poets 5th and K: 1025 5th St NW, Washington, DC 20001; In conversation with Joshua Rovner of the Sentencing Project, and gathering with activists such as Liz Ryan (Youth Justice) and Marcy Mistrett (Campaign for Youth Justice). Reading and Signing. For directions and more info see here.
- June 2, 2016, 6pm, 57th Street Books, Chicago, Illinois: 57th and Kimbark in Chicago’s Hyde Park; with Bernardine Dohrn and Xavier McElrath-Bey. For more info, see here .
- June 14, 2016, 6:30-8pm, Moses Greely Parker Memorial Library, Dracut MA: 28 Arlington Street, 01826; Reading, Talk, and Book Signing. For more info see here
- June 21, 2016, 3:40pm–5:30pm Smith College, Northampton, MA, Seelye 201,a discussion of youth justice and BWAK with Karter Reed. For directions to Smith College, see here. Open to the public.
- June 29, 2016, 6:30pm, Mercantile Library, Cincinnati, Ohio: 414 Walnut Street 11th Floor, Cincinnati, OH 45202; Doors open 6:30 with reception and program begins at 7pm, a Discussion and Reading BWAK. For more info, see here.
- Aug. 3, 2016, 6-8:00pm, Parkway Central Library, Philadelphia, PA– Skyline Room – Free Library of Philadelphia 1901 Vine Street, 19103. Reading and In Conversation with Christopher Moraff. For more, see here.
- Aug. 15, 2016, 7-8:45pm, Wilmington Library, Wilmington MA. 175 Middlesex Ave., Wilmington MA, 01887. Local Author Panel, see here.
- Aug. 23, 2016, 7pm Santa Cruz Bookshop, Santa Cruz, CA. 1520 Pacific Avenue, Santa Cruz, CA 95060, Info here. Reading, and In Conversation with Fred Keeley.
SEPTEMBER and OCTOBER
- Sept. 11, 2016, 10am, Massachusetts and the Carceral State Conference, I’ll be running a workshop–#NutsandBolts: Using Twitter for Racial Justice and Social Activism with Jasmine Gomez, Democracy Honors Fellow at Free Speech for People. Room 2004, Wasserstein Hall, Harvard Law School, Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA.
- Sept. 17, 2016, 12pm-3pm, Local Author Book Fair, Brookline, MA. Brookline Library, 361 Washington Street, Brookline MA. Books available.
- Oct. 17, 2016, 5-6:50pm, William James College, Child and Forensic Psych. Class, One Wells Ave, Newton, MA 02459.
- Oct. 26, 2016,12:10-2pm, CUNY/Queensborough Community College, 222-05 56th Avenue, Bayside, Queens, NY 11364 .
- Oct. 27, 2016, 5pm, George Washington University, 800 21st Street, NW, Washington, DC 20052
- Nov. 3-6 National Conference Higher Education in Prison, Belmont University Nashville, Tennessee, presentations and book reading/signing BWAK
- Nov 14, 11:00-12:15, 12:30-1:45, Merrimack College, 315 Turnpike St, North Andover, MA 01845
Check Back for more Dates and Cities